[Haskell-cafe] Re: On improving libraries: wanted list

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Tue Dec 12 23:59:29 EST 2006

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 11:52:48 +1100, Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:

> With the upcoming hackathon[1], and its timely focus on real world
> libraries, infrastructure and tools support, I've started a list of
> truly missing libraries, for particular problem domains.
>
> If you have a problem, for which you think there *should* be a Haskell
> library, please add it to this page:
>
>     http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Wanted_libraries

I have misplaced my haskellwiki login right now, but...

Under section 2:

  MissingH already provides a whole slew of forking/popen code; see
  http://software.complete.org/missingh/static/doc/System-Cmd-Utils.html

In particular, you seem to be wanting my pipeBoth function.

Note that your proposed String -> IO String function type is insufficient
because it does not provide a way to evaluate the return value of the
function.

-- John