[Haskell-cafe] Aim Of Haskell

Brian Hulley brianh at metamilk.com
Tue Dec 12 08:21:03 EST 2006

Neil Mitchell wrote:
> Maybe we
> should try and hijack the phrase functional programming - Haskell is
> just too similar to Pascal.

This reminds me of when I was getting an X-ray a few months ago and I struck
up a conversation with the radiologist who turned out to be an ex-computer
programmer so he asked what language I was using so I said "Haskell" and he
said something like "Oh yeah Pascal I know that..."

Perhaps we need a tutorial on how to pronounce the word "Haskell" so that it
doesn't sound like "Pascal" :-) (eg "Hiskeeeell")

Brian.
--
http://www.metamilk.com