[Haskell-cafe] [newbie]any nice code for newbie to read?

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Tue Dec 12 05:36:43 EST 2006

On Tue, Dec 12, 2006 at 13:53:57 +0900, 云杨 wrote:
>hello,all,
>  I am new to haskell,and have read some tutorial, but I would like to
>read some "real" code from "real" haskell project, I believe this will
>help me study and use haskell quickly.
> would anyone please give me some suggestion about opensource project
> that
>a new haskell user should study?
> thanks you.

People post code on this list every now and then, often that code isn't
"newbie friendly" (my experience as a newbiw myself) but it's still
worth it trying to read and understand it.

There are a few open-source projects in haskell, at the moment I can
think of pugs, darcs and hpodder.  I suspect that hpodder might be a
good place to start looking.  Otherwise I think the majority of haskell
code is in libraries.  It's been suggested that reading Prelude itself
is a good idea.

Another strategy would be to get others to comment on _your_ code, and
learning that way :-)  My personal experience is that posting here, and
blogging are good ways of "sucking in" reviews.

/M

magnus at therning.org             Jabber: magnus.therning at gmail.com
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

"It was real. At least, if it wasn't real, it did support them, and as
that is what sofas are supposed to do, this, by any test that
mattered, was a real sofa."