[Haskell-cafe] haskell -> fpga

Lennart Augustsson lennart at augustsson.net
Wed Aug 30 18:01:08 EDT 2006

General Haskell constructs map really poorly to FPGAs.
You could define a subset that maps nicely, though.  But as far as I
know noone has made such a compiler.  It's a rather big undertaking.

You could look at Cryptol and Bluespec, they are languages with
similarities to Haskell better suited for hardware.

	-- Lennart