[Haskell-cafe] ghc profiling

Jeff Polakow jeff.polakow at db.com
Fri Aug 25 14:18:40 EDT 2006

Hello,

  When I compile my program without profiling:

    bash-3.1$ ghc --make -auto-all -prof -O -o analysis analysis.hs
    Chasing modules from: analysis.hs
    Compiling Main             ( analysis.hs, analysis.o )
    Linking ...

everything works fine.

However when I compile with profiling:

    bash-3.1$ ghc --make -auto-all -prof -O -o analysis analysis.hs
    Chasing modules from: analysis.hs
    Could not find module `Data.ByteString.Lazy.Char8':
      use -v to see a list of the files searched for
      (imported from analysis.hs)

ghc complains about not finding the ByteString library.

Is this supposed to hapen, and if so, is there a way to get profiling to
work?

thanks,
  Jeff