[Haskell-cafe] A possible use for HSFFIG (FFIPKG) was USB Drivers in Haskell

Dimitry Golubovsky golubovsky at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 13:03:41 EDT 2006

Bjorn Bringert wrote:

>For cross-platform USB drivers, you may want to have a look at libusb
>[1]. I have only used it under Linux, but it seems to support Linux,
>*BSD and OS X. There also seems to be a win32 port [2]. A Haskell
>binding to libusb would be very welcome.

I'm just wondering, would FFIPKG or HSFFIG help out? I just looked at
usb.h, and it does not seem to contain anything that would break
HSFFIG (mainly C functions that take/return structures rather than
pointers to structures, do).

I am not very much interested personally in interfacing USB, but if
anybody is, feel free to try FFIPKG out and ask questions.

PS Sorry for such "self-advertising", but I believe that this tool
could be helpful at least for prototyping bindings, so I'd appreciate
any feedback.

--
Dimitry Golubovsky

Anywhere on the Web