[Haskell-cafe] Cabal question, adding data files

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 17:42:54 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have a cabal executable, which requires additional data files. How
do I do this in Cabal? I have seen extra-source-files, but they are
not added at install time to the destination directory, which doesn't
help me.

I noticed that Alex does this, but with a lot of Cabal calling in
Setup.hs with hooks etc, which is not really ideal. Is there any easy
way to do the "install these files along with the program, please" ?

If anyone needs any concrete examples, take for example HsColour,
which needs the files .hscolour and hscolour.css, but currently
install doesn't put either of them anywhere useful.

Thanks

Neil