[Haskell-cafe] extreme newbie: hugs prompt vs load module

Hans van Thiel hthiel.char at zonnet.nl
Wed Aug 23 14:47:56 EDT 2006

Hi,

I'm a beginner too and I'm quite taken with 'Yet Another Haskell
Tutorial' by Hal Daume III, which is available from the Haskell site.
It really starts from scratch and it covers almost everything, as far as
I can see. Because I'm a lone learner, I got stuck several times, but
there are several other short tutorials for beginners, with a slightly
different slant, that helped. For monads, which I'm starting on now, I
recommend 'All about Monads' by (Jeff?) Newbern.
http://www.nomaware.com/monads/html/  But YAHT starts with a chapter on
Hugs, GHC and how to use them. At the moment I'm reading the book again,
from the beginning, and I'm seeing several things much better than I did
the first time(s).

Hope this helps,

Hans van Thiel
--