[Haskell-cafe] Haskell wiki: most popular pages

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 01:56:06 EDT 2006

Hello Tim,

> I agree with that. The and = ... wasn't really an improvement over and
> xs = ... xs, and if the later is easier to read that's good.

the main goal here is readability, of course

> What happened to isSpace, toLower and toUpper (, from the tutorial)?

it seems that this list is incomplete. i don't found a lot of I/O
routines, such as interact or getContents

one more reason to move it to wiki :)

> I feel that Haskell is missing some basic string manipuation functions, like
> - replacing all occurances of one substring (or sublist) with another
> string (or list).
> - tokenize a string by an arbitrary delimeter

MissingH library contains such routines, although it is gpl'ed

there is a (lazy) movement to establish such library, but noone still
started it. well, to write something new open-source programmer just
opens project and waits for contribution :)  who is darcs maintainer on

Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com