[Haskell-cafe] Haskell wiki: most popular pages

Jared Updike jupdike at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 15:01:33 EDT 2006

> I feel that Haskell is missing some basic string manipuation functions, like
> - replacing all occurances of one substring (or sublist) with another
> string (or list).
> - tokenize a string by an arbitrary delimeter

This came up not too long ago:
Ironically this thread talks about how the same topic came up two
years ago and no consensus was reached. So I made a skeleton page to
discuss/maybe reach consensus on this. Please flesh it out and hack it
to pieces!

> I know many of these functions can be written in Haskell without much
> effort.

Let the work begin (record opinions and any semblance of consensus).

reverse ")-:"