[Haskell-cafe] Haskell wiki: most popular pages

Jared Updike jupdike at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 15:01:33 EDT 2006

> I feel that Haskell is missing some basic string manipuation functions, like
> - replacing all occurances of one substring (or sublist) with another
> string (or list).
> - tokenize a string by an arbitrary delimeter

This came up not too long ago:
  http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe/2006-July/thread.html#16559
Ironically this thread talks about how the same topic came up two
years ago and no consensus was reached. So I made a skeleton page to
discuss/maybe reach consensus on this. Please flesh it out and hack it
to pieces!

http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Prelude_function_suggestions

> I know many of these functions can be written in Haskell without much
> effort.

Let the work begin (record opinions and any semblance of consensus).

  Jared.
--
http://www.updike.org/~jared/
reverse ")-:"