[Haskell-cafe] Why Exotic Languages Are Not Mainstream

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 16:28:12 EDT 2006

Hi

> Excellent.  I see on your long term list an item for specifying module
> names as input.  I don't suppose you plan to support something like
> 'Data.*' returning a list of all the modules at that level of the
> hierarchy? Recently I've been wanting an interactive command for
> browsing the module hierarchy.  Switching to a browser just isn't
> cutting it anymore.

Hmm, with the newly designed Hoogle 4 you can do the search:

+Data /module

Which would give you that behaviour. It says only look for modules
(you can also do /type, /class etc) and +Data says only look inside
the Data namespace.

As it stands you'd have to specify a text string to search for as
well, but given this use case, I'll remove that restriction. I'll also
look into if there is anything else to make this kind of thing a bit
easier.

Thanks

Neil