[Haskell-cafe] Compiling To C And Why Not Compiling To Java Or C#?

Kaveh Shahbazian kaveh.shahbazian at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 09:40:26 EDT 2006

I think we need a subset of haskell as a new language (or as a
developing pattern) to work with and teach and learn more easily as
you have mentioned.
I had read a text about mathematics which was something like this :
"New mathematic theories does not populize because of their fabiolus
logical theorems, but because of death of elder mathematicians and
forging a new folk of them that were rised by new theories.".
That is usefull to have in mind.
(And because of that, maybe there is no force to compele someone to
disturbe his mind on a peacfull friday afternoon! ;) )
Anyway the point is developing more efficient and easily; instead of
serving marketing features of languages.
And there must be - and will be - someone (or some will) to makes
things better. "very high level of FP" in Haskell is good but there is
no lower level of them somewhere else. So almost the only choice for a
usefull FP environment is Haskell.