[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] Haskell.org and Google Summer of Code 2006

Creighton Hogg wchogg at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 13:00:45 EDT 2006

Well, now that we've started this discussion I presume it's okay if I
ask a few things.  I don't know if these are good ideas, but I thought
I'd throw them out.

Basically, I am a student and would be eligible for the SoC.
I'd like to work on something related to numerics support or
performance in Haskell.  Either building on existing gsl bindings,
making something out of whole cloth, or spending some intensive work
on compiler optimizations.

My dream would be to build up enough monte carlo
support in haskell that things like high energy physics event
simulators could be coded in the language without sacrificing too much
performance and having a hundred times the flexibility and
*maintainability*.

Creighton Hogg