[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] ANNOUNCE: An index-aware linear algebra library in Haskell

Frederik Eaton frederik at a5.repetae.net
Sat Apr 15 16:09:20 EDT 2006

Yes, certainly... Otherwise the library would not be much use! If it
seems counterintuitive, as it did to me at first, you should check out
the "Implicit Configurations" paper, which uses modular arithmetic as
an example. My version of their code is in

http://ofb.net/~frederik/futility/src/Prepose.hs

The function I mainly use is:

reifyIntegral :: Integral a => a -> (forall s. ReflectNum s => s -> w) -> w

which turns an integral value into a type of the ReflectNum class
which represents that value, and calls the provided polymorphic
function with a dummy value (actually 'undefined') of that type; then
returning the function's result.

Frederik

--
http://ofb.net/~frederik/