[Haskell-cafe] Creating a profiling version of FPS

Donald Bruce Stewart dons at cse.unsw.edu.au
Tue Apr 4 05:17:38 EDT 2006

With a recent snapshot of Cabal you can build a profiled version
of any library as follows (including for FPS):

    $ ./Setup.hs configure -p

You'll then see ./Setup.hs build build the lib twice, once with and
once without profiling.

    /usr/bin/ar: creating dist/build/libHSfps-0.1.a
    /usr/bin/ar: creating dist/build/libHSfps-0.1_p.a

I'm using
    $ ghc-pkg list Cabal
    /home/dons/lib/ghc-6.4.1/package.conf:
        Cabal-1.1.4