Fwd: [Haskell-cafe] ghc for sunos

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Fri Sep 9 12:22:33 EDT 2005

Brian McQueen <mcqueenorama at gmail.com> writes:

> I installed it and its choking while looking for libreadline.  I'm not
> an admin on these machines, so my options are limited.

You can download and install the readline library as an ordinary user,
in your own filespace.  Just add
to your environment (and export it) before proceeding with ghc.

> ld.so.1: /users/bqueen/lib/ghc-6.2.2/ghc-6.2.2: fatal:
> Why would the ghc dir be in there twice?

This is perfectly normal.  The executable is called ghc-6.2.2, and
the directory it lives in has the same name (but also contains many
other things apart from the executable).