[Haskell-cafe] Project postmortem

Scotty Weeks weeksie at twelvestone.com
Thu Nov 17 17:59:19 EST 2005

Hi Joel,

What would your impression be of building an application in Haskell
versus Erlang from a practical point of view given your experiences
with this project and the Erlang poker server?

My feelings having developed a little with Erlang and embarking on a
Haskell project are that the learning curve is far steeper with
Haskell but it is far more elegant and readable. I'm still climbing
that curve though (IO makes me want to pull my hair out).

Thanks for writing up that post mortem. There's lots of good info in
there, especially for a newbie like myself.

Cheers,
Scott