[Haskell-cafe] doc/html -> wiki -> xml

Wolfgang Jeltsch wolfgang at jeltsch.net
Wed Nov 16 05:27:46 EST 2005

Am Mittwoch, 16. November 2005 10:10 schrieben Sie:
> [...]

> The ideal is to have a simple, rigid, semantic markup in the source
> document.  While I dislike XML at least as much as the next guy, it is
> probably the best choice for this.   Ideally, the DTD should be a lot
> simpler than DocBook, but OTOH, DocBook comes with a lot of conversion
> methods for free.

You are not forced to use all the different markup facilities.  Somewhere in
the DocBook documentation they state (or used to state) that at many points
it's up to the writer how detailed he/she wants to markup his/her texts.

In addition, there is Simplified DocBook (see http://docbook.org/).

By the way, DocBook XML is defined by Relax NG schemas nowadays, not DTDs.
Well, there are DTDs available.

> -k

Best wishes,
Wolfgang