[Haskell-cafe] Re: Bring down the house (was Re: GHC cannot compile my code)

Joel Reymont joelr1 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 12:50:37 EST 2005

I further narrowed it down to that first line. I also commented out
all the Typeables and commented out the derivation of Tables entirely.

> newtype Tables = Tables [TableInfo] -- deriving (Show, Typeable)

It does not compile without -fglasgow-exts but does compile using it.
I then tried to add the following derivation

instance Show Tables where
     show (Tables (x:xs)) = show' x ++ show' xs
         where show' [] = ""
               show' (x:xs) = show' x ++ show xs

and ghc started exploding again. All the types in TableInfo are
derived from Show.

	Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com/