[Haskell-cafe] Tables in Haskell (data model /business app pr ototyping)

Bayley, Alistair Alistair_Bayley at ldn.invesco.com
Wed May 11 08:54:49 EDT 2005

> From: Rene de Visser [mailto:rene_de_visser at hotmail.com]
>
> I would rather use Haskell also for the persistency, global
> constraint
> maintanence, etc... rather than using an external database.
>
> The only thing I have found so far is HApps, but I haven't
> figure out how
> that works.
>
> Is there anything else?

What do you mean by "external" database? If you just mean "on another
server, accessed via a separately installed library or API" then you should
consider Sqlite as a persistence storage solution. It's a doddle to install
on common platforms, and consists of a single library which links to your
program i.e. it runs in the same process-space.

Both HSQL (and therefore HaskellDB, as it uses HSQL) and Takusen support
Sqlite.

  http://haskelldb.sf.net/
  http://cvs.sf.net/viewcvs.py/haskell-libs/libs/takusen/

Alistair.

Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this   message, and any
attachments, may contain confidential   and/or privileged material. It is
intended solely for the   person(s) or entity to which it is addressed. Any
review,   retransmission, dissemination, or taking of any action in
reliance upon this information by persons or entities other   than the
intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you received  this in error, please
contact the sender and delete the   material from any computer.