[Haskell-cafe] Tables in Haskell (data model /business app prototyping)

Rene de Visser rene_de_visser at hotmail.com
Wed May 11 08:40:09 EDT 2005

Hello,

I have been thinking about using Haskell for prototyping of business apps.

I would rather use Haskell also for the persistency, global constraint
maintanence, etc... rather than using an external database.

The only thing I have found so far is HApps, but I haven't figure out how
that works.

Is there anything else?

I guess I could just use lists for the relations, and the state monad.
I would extend the record types witha  deleted flag and a transaction number
(i.e. simple multi version control).

Then updates would just consist of pushing a new record onto the front of
the list, and rollbacks and commits come for free.

The only disadvantage I see that I always need to scan through the whole
list all the time, which will get long, and might even be too slow for
prototyping.

The lists might also get too large memory wise.

Any suggestions? Any libraries? Any experiences with HApps or prototyping
business apps with haskell in general?

Rene.