[Haskell-cafe] implicit parameters THANK YOU!

S. Alexander Jacobson alex at alexjacobson.com
Mon Mar 21 20:29:35 EST 2005

I just discovered implicit parameters.  To everyone involved with
making them, THANK YOU.  They are blazingly useful/powerful for server
handler style libraries where you want to make a veriety of local
environment information available to the handlers without burdening
the handlers with a big dictionary object to carry around.  FANTASTIC.

That being said, they so powerful they are proabably easy to abuse.
Could those experienced with this feature provide warnings about
possible problems with overuse?

I see so many places I think I could make HAppS code nicer using this
feature that I am concerned about making mistakes.

-Alex-