[Haskell-cafe] Buddha and GHC 6.4

Ketil Malde ketil+haskell at ii.uib.no
Mon Jun 20 12:32:56 EDT 2005

Gour <list at atmarama.org> writes:

> This is really a nonsense. The word has lot of meanings. Let them take
> a look in any Sanskrit dictionary.

Hmm.. I must have displaced mine, but are you suggesting Enlightenment
(the window manager) could be next?

>> So what will happen in the long term? As yet I don't know. I might
>> rename the program when version 2.0 comes out, I might not. If you have
>> any opinion then please let me know.

I can't help but think about Apple's 'Sagan', which according to
rumour, Carl refused the name, and in respect the device was
internally named BHA instead.  One should be careful what one wishes
for. :-)

> To make people happy, why not use the name 'buddha' instead of 'Buddha' ?

More suggestions:

buggha -- after all, it's a debugger
deBuddha -- similar, but emphasizing the non-relationship to the big B.
buddhy -- a friendly name, not likely to offend even the most sensitive
    among the enlightened.
Beelzebuddha -- by mixing in another deity, the hope is that the
    followers of each can argue with each other, rather than developers.

(Was there any prize?)

-k