[Haskell-cafe] Processing a file with HaXml without invoking processXmlWith?

Graham Klyne GK at ninebynine.org
Thu Jun 2 07:56:06 EDT 2005

It certainly *is* possible to process XML directly.  I have a test module
for a modified version of HaXml that do this... maybe this helps?

The text program is:
with supporting data files in the same directory:
which is all part of my modified version of HaXml at:

You may also need to check out my 'Traverse' module:

This code is all heavily refactored from the original HaXml for improved
XML entity handling, namespace, xml:lang and xml:base support, but I'm
fairly sure I didn't actually add anything else that you couldn't
reasonably get at using the original HaXml API.

At 01:23 02/06/05 -0700, Echo Nolan wrote:

>Hi all,
>I've an application which needs to process some XML, but the only way I
>can see in the Haddock-generated documentation is using the
>processXmlWith wrapper, which reads it's input and output arguments from
>the command line. I'd prefer a pure function which took a Document or a
>String and returned the same, processed. I hope I've overlooked
>Echo Nolan
>Haskell-Cafe mailing list
>Haskell-Cafe at haskell.org

Graham Klyne