[Haskell-cafe] Processing a file with HaXml without invoking processXmlWith?

Graham Klyne GK at ninebynine.org
Thu Jun 2 07:56:06 EDT 2005

It certainly *is* possible to process XML directly.  I have a test module
for a modified version of HaXml that do this... maybe this helps?

The text program is:
   http://www.ninebynine.org/Software/HaskellUtils/HaXml-1.12/test/TestXml.hs
with supporting data files in the same directory:
   http://www.ninebynine.org/Software/HaskellUtils/HaXml-1.12/test/
which is all part of my modified version of HaXml at:
   http://www.ninebynine.org/Software/HaskellUtils/HaXml-1.12/

You may also need to check out my 'Traverse' module:
   http://www.ninebynine.org/Software/HaskellUtils/HaXml-1.12/src/Text/XML/HaXml/Traverse.hs

This code is all heavily refactored from the original HaXml for improved
XML entity handling, namespace, xml:lang and xml:base support, but I'm
fairly sure I didn't actually add anything else that you couldn't
reasonably get at using the original HaXml API.

#g