[Haskell-cafe] File path programme

Georg Martius mai99dgf at studserv.uni-leipzig.de
Wed Jan 26 18:43:55 EST 2005

Hi,

I think Isaac's idea is pretty nice, to have an easy way to add documentation in a collaborative manner.
I have the following in mind:
A separate wiki which supports generating haddock documentation. Ideally one would see the haddock documentation as it is and would click to a function or type and change the comment for it. However, it would also be enough to see the complete source-code and change the comments there. The question is what happens if there is a parse error. Furthermore there must be someone who maintains it in the sense that changes are committed to cvs at some point and so on. Additionally, it seams to be complicated to keep it synchronised with "real" changes of the source code in the cvs.
Probably the most simple, but less "wiki" solution is the do it the traditional way. Just use cvs and a normal text editor and ask for a cvs account :-).

Cheers,
  Georg

---- Georg Martius,  Tel: (+49 34297) 89434 ----
------- http://www.flexman.homeip.net ---------