[Haskell-cafe] Math libraries for Haskell

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Tue Jan 18 14:41:24 EST 2005

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 08:25:46PM +0100, Dmitri Pissarenko wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Is there a math library for Haskell, using which one can calculate eigenvalues
> of matrices?

There is a binding to BLAS/LAPACK at http://www.isi.edu/~hdaume/HBlas/
but it might be too heavyweight for just calculating eigenvalues.
however, it should be fast :)

A standard matrix representation in the libraries would be nice. (not
necessarily all matrix operations, but a representation/type so different
peoples matrix libraries can play nice with each other)
I was thinking something like a general matrix type, which a class for things
that can be converted too it, and another class with a partial function
for converting the general matricies to specific implementation
versions. (so that one can write a library only for square
matricies for instance and still use the general conversion routines)
But I am sure others have given this more thought...
        John

--
John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈