[Haskell-cafe] Books on Haskell

Matthew Roberts mattr at ics.mq.edu.au
Mon Jan 17 06:01:16 EST 2005

If you really want to find out if Haskell is for you, you need to try
and do things you already know how to do in the other languages.

For this reason I found that "Algorithms: A Functional Programming
Approach" was great for showing me where Haskell excelled and why it
was the language for me.

I also have "The Haskell School of Expression" (the book I first learnt
haskell from) and "The craft of functional programming".  They are both
great books.

As far as learning about Haskell, I have learnt the most from doing the
"Implementing a functional language" tutorial.  However, if you are not
interested in compilers, this would not be a good option.

Matt.