[Haskell-cafe] Signature of a function

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Tue Jan 11 11:55:40 EST 2005

On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 05:47:39PM +0100, Daniel Fischer wrote:
> One might replace type signatures with comments, of course, and so convey
> better information, but that is more work, hence we poor ignorants will
> settle for signatures.

And thinking pessimistically, the comments would be wrong half the time,
whereas the signatures are guaranteed by the compiler to be correct.

One of the great things about haskell is how expressive the signatures tend
to be... although that could just be an illusion due to the fact that I
code am now a better coder than I used to be.
--
David Roundy
http://civet.berkeley.edu/droundy/