[Haskell-cafe] Haskell vs. Erlang for heavy-duty network apps (was Re: Haskell Speed)

Joel Reymont joelr1 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 06:09:32 EST 2005

If anyone is interested, I posted the Erlang version of the pickler
combinators at http://wagerlabs.com/erlang/pickle.erl

Orignal paper at http://research.microsoft.com/~akenn/fun/

Notice that I did away with the "sequ" while preserving "wrap" and
friends. Erlang does not have enums so I added support for those.

I did not test the performance of this code yet. I used the "most
natural way of doing things", though, and I expect performance to be
excellent. I'm most interested in whether it's possible to get the
performance of the Haskell version on par with this one.

	Thanks, Joel