[Haskell-cafe] Haskell vs. Erlang for heavy-duty network apps (was Re: Haskell Speed)

Tomasz Zielonka tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 08:14:53 EST 2005

On Sun, Dec 25, 2005 at 12:20:38PM +0000, Joel Reymont wrote:
> A disclaimer for those who might think that I'm a newbit
> disillutioned with Haskell... I totally love Haskell, it just seems
> that you need to be a guru to do what I'm trying to do and I have not
> yet reached this status.

I am pleased to hear this. I would love to be able to help you more
often, alas my job was very time demanding recently (but quite rewarding
too :-). And we have Christmas right now.

I think your work will be very important and valuable for the community.
You've shown were Haskell could be better, and I believe it will catch
up eventually, either by improvements in GHC, in libraries or simply
in documentation.

Merry Christmas!
Tomasz