[Haskell-cafe] Arrows and pickler combinators

Bulat Ziganshin bulatz at HotPOP.com
Fri Dec 23 05:12:23 EST 2005

Hello Jeremy,

JS> As I mentioned, the current implementation is a bit of hack-job, but I
JS> think the design is somewhat compelling because of the flexibility
JS> gained by seperating the pickling/unpickling from the mechanism used
JS> to write/read the bytes.

JS> I hope to clean to code up and submit a TMR article eventually.

seem that number of serialization libraries is larger that one can
imagine :)  i also wrote my own (thirs) library which in some places
are close to your, in some better and in some worser. for examle, i
want to use any monad instead of fixed IO in current design. on the
other side, i support bit-oriented & byte-oriented serialization, and
whole hierarchy of Stream types

i'm not sure what yor goal was a speed, but if you are interesting -
your design may be not too fast because of using tuples

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:bulatz at HotPOP.com