[Haskell-cafe] Can't Haskell catch up with Clean's uniqueness typing?

Philippa Cowderoy flippa at flippac.org
Thu Dec 8 15:32:05 EST 2005

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005, Duncan Coutts wrote:

> For example it's not currently convenient to find out the strictness
> that ghc infers for functions (though it is possible). Ideally an IDE or
> something would be able to present this sort of information along with
> the inferred type etc.

It'd be nice if we had better strictness annotations available more
generally, too.

> So if it were easy to find out the uniqueness that the compiler was
> inferring then it might actually be useful to people that it did such an
> inference.

'twould be nice for type checking in general, although it's more the
typing than just the types that's useful.

flippa at flippac.org

"My religion says so" explains your beliefs. But it doesn't explain
why I should hold them as well, let alone be restricted by them.