[Haskell-cafe] (no subject)

John C. Peterson jcp at cs.yale.edu
Fri Sep 10 09:01:19 EDT 2004

From: John Peterson <peterson-john at cs.yale.edu>
To: haskell-cafe at haskell.org
Subject: Re: [Haskell-cafe] Functional Reactive Programming

Functional Reactive Programming is alive but in need of some new
students to push the effort a bit.  A lot of us have taken teaching
or industrial positions so the old FRP team is a bit depleted.

I don't think anyone is working on Yampa directly at the moment.
Although it's stable and working well it lacks a critical mass of nice
libraries to make it attractive.

I'm still plugging on a wxHaskell port to Yampa (the wxFruit stuff).
I've made some semantic changes to Yampa so I probably shouldn't say
it's real Yampa but pretty close.  I should have something to release
later this fall.

Aside from that, we have a student working in the hybrid modeling
area.  That's good stuff but not likely to produce software of
interest to Joe Haskell.  Another student is keeping the robotics side
of things alive but it's in the context of a very specialized robotic
hardware environment.

So there you go!

   John