[Haskell-cafe] hugs segmentation fault

Ben Rudiak-Gould Benjamin.Rudiak-Gould at cl.cam.ac.uk
Thu Oct 28 19:50:03 EDT 2004

Jon Fairbairn wrote:

 >On 2004-10-29 at 00:03BST Ben Rudiak-Gould wrote:
 >
 >>Not much better, though: in my experience this particular
 >>exception leaves ghci in a very peculiar state, and it's
 >>usually necessary to quit and restart it before it will
 >>work again.
 >
 >I don't think I've seen such a problem (maybe I so rarely
 >make that type of mistake?;-). What version? What are the
 >symptoms of this not working of which you speak? It seems
 >OK in ghci 6.2.1

Well, here's a sample session I recorded just now:

C:\>\ghc\ghc-6.2.1\bin\ghci
   ___         ___ _
  / _ \ /\  /\/ __(_)
 / /_\// /_/ / /  | |      GHC Interactive, version 6.2.1, for Haskell 98.
/ /_\\/ __  / /___| |      http://www.haskell.org/ghc/

Prelude> let p = 1 : [2 * x | x <- p, x < 1] in p
[1*** Exception: <<loop>>
Prelude> 123

Fail: thread blocked indefinitely

C:\>