[Haskell-cafe] Re: OCaml list sees abysmal Language Shootout results

Andre Pang ozone at algorithm.com.au
Fri Oct 8 18:03:07 EDT 2004

On 08/10/2004, at 2:57 PM, karczma wrote:

>> But the language encourages to use them much more often than in
>> Haskell. They can be declared in types, there is a short syntax for
>> "strict let", and various builtin types have strict variants. These
>> are properties of the language.
>
> Marcin, are you playing 'kogut', or you want to prove something,
> and if yes, than what?

I believe that Marcin wishes to prove the same point that I want to:
namely, Clean encourages use of strictness by making it easier to use
(via language annotations).  At the risk of sounding ignorant and
arrogant, I think the Haskell community in general does not understand
the importance of syntactic sugar to make such tasks easier.

--
% Andre Pang : trust.in.love.to.save