[Haskell-cafe] Re: OCaml list sees abysmal Language Shootout results

karczma karczma at info.unicaen.fr
Fri Oct 8 14:57:35 EDT 2004

Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk writes:

> Peter Achten <P.Achten at cs.ru.nl> writes:

>> It is of course not the language that uses strictness annotations.
>
> But the language encourages to use them much more often than in
> Haskell. They can be declared in types, there is a short syntax for
> "strict let", and various builtin types have strict variants. These
> are properties of the language.

Marcin, are you playing 'kogut', or you want to prove something,
and if yes, than what?

Clean is not Haskell, but I've been using it as a *lazy* language for
years. BTW, both, Haskell and Clean coexist in my head without aggressing
each other.

Jerzy Karczmarczuk

PS. Non-Polish readers would check in the dictionary what 'kogut' means.