[Haskell-cafe] HToolkit HSQL on Windows/GHC

Clive Brettingham-Moore c at brettingham-moore.net
Thu Mar 25 12:13:11 EST 2004

I realise that this is a little technical for this list, but I thought
that I'd check here before starting on the hard-core lists.

Is there an easy way to build the HToolkit HSQL library for GHC (6.0.1 when I
tried, 6.2.1 now) on windows (particularly MySQL/Windows XP, but I wont
say no to postgres, ODBC & sqlite)?
I assume people have tired and succeded, but I got lost [I think] in the
nasty place between the unix/cygwin libraries in GHC and the Windows focus
of the compiled MySQL client library.

Since haskell is mainly a hobby for me, and I don't have a lot of free
time I haven't dug very deep, but not being able to interface my two of my
favourite constructs (functional programming and relational databases) is
getting to me.

So any takers?