[Haskell-cafe] Implementing C program in Haskell

Jon Fairbairn Jon.Fairbairn at cl.cam.ac.uk
Wed Mar 24 23:59:37 EST 2004

On 2004-03-25 at 05:12+1100 Alex Gontcharov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is anyone bored and wants to rewrite a small C program in Haskell?:)
>
> http://users.tpg.com.au/galutva/jap.c

OK, I've done it (I think; the C version gives bad answers
for large numbers -- besides, I don't understand Japanese).
Now what?

> I am new to Haskell and it'd take me sometime to do it all
> myself.

As you already have a programme to do this, why do you want
to convert it to Haskell? If it's to learn Haskell, then it
would be better to try to do it rather than to see my
version, although I might be willing to provide clues. If
you can give some other good reason, I might post my
version.

  Jón

Jón Fairbairn                                 Jon.Fairbairn at cl.cam.ac.uk