[Haskell-cafe] Building Haddock on Windows

Andy Moran moran at galois.com
Wed Mar 17 08:24:35 EST 2004

On Wednesday 17 March 2004 05:22 am, Simon Marlow wrote:
> > Has anyone recently built Haddock on Windows? I'm invoking
> > configure and
> > make from Cygwin bash. Configure takes a couple of hours, and
> > then make produces a load of errors (see below).
>
> I'm ashamed to say that Haddock, like Alex and Happy don't really
> support native Windows too well.
>
> You can use them in a Cygwin (and possibly MSYS) environment, by doing
> the usual ./configure && make install, which will install the tool by
> default in /usr/local/bin.

Alternatively, you can just copy the <tool>-inplace.exe to your favorite bin
directory.  Alex also requires the setting of an environment variable,
indicating where to find templates, etc.

Andy Moran                                         Ph. (503) 626 6616, x113
Galois Connections Inc.                                 Fax. (503) 350 0833
12725 SW Millikan Way, Suite #290                     http://www.galois.com
Beaverton, OR 97005                                        moran at galois.com