[Haskell-cafe] Building Haddock on Windows

Bayley, Alistair Alistair_Bayley at ldn.invesco.com
Wed Mar 17 13:54:47 EST 2004

Got it built after realising that my PATH didn't include ghc (thanks Andy
Moran). I renamed haddock.bin to haddock.exe and copied to into ghc's bin
for convenience (ghc's bin is already in my path). Now I just have to figure
out how to invoke it...

Where can I find instructions for use? I see haddock.sgml in
haddock-0.6/haddock/doc but reading sgml hurts. Is there an html version of
this somewhere?

I have a few questions:
 - can you invoke it on a folder and have it generate docs for all of the
source files in it (and sub-folders)?
 - does it work on .lhs source containing bird-track style code? It would
appear not, as I get a parse error.
 - why doesn't it know what Int, String, Float, IO, Monad, Show, etc are?
What invocation option do I need to ensure it links to
Prelude/hierarchical-library stuff? (I think it's --read-interface; must I
generate interface files for the Prelude and libraries though?)

Thanks,
Alistair.

Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this
message, and any attachments, may contain confidential
and/or privileged material. It is intended solely for the
person(s) or entity to which it is addressed. Any review,
retransmission, dissemination, or taking of any action in
reliance upon this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you received
material from any computer.