[Haskell-cafe] humor

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Fri Jul 30 17:24:38 EDT 2004

On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 04:41:24PM +0200, enrico.santoemma at tin.it wrote:
> When I met Java some time ago, I said to myself: "Java is a great language
> to write IDEs for the Java language".
>
> Now that I'm looking for Haskell source code (perhpas that there is another
> way to learn a language than to spy on others?), I'm tempted to say: "Haskell
> is a great language to write libraries for the Haskell language"
>
> Well... more seriously, does someone have got links to applications with
> visible source?

ginsu is a pretty big application written in haskell. It's code is not
the best, I wouldn't try to learn from it. but it is pretty big and
complicated and used by a lot of people who could care less what
language it is in, they just want something that works. It also touches
on several real world concerns, cryptography, user interface,
interactive performance, ugly (and the few elegant) hacks to keep memory
usage down, binary serialization, network protocols...

 http://repetae.net/john/computer/ginsu/

        John

--
John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈