[Haskell-cafe] Giving up imperative habits....

paolo veronelli paolo_veronelli at yahoo.it
Sat Jul 10 09:51:47 EDT 2004

Usually I tend not to give much information to a subroutine intending to
restrict its liberty of touching the calling information.....

So if I have an instance Inst which should be changed by an outside-Inst
computation Sub and I'm calling Sub with Sub(I'),I try to build the story
so that Sub  can only read Inst or a part of it (I') and return some
specially structured information which then I use "inside" Inst to change
Inst's state (horribble speech).

The feeling I get with Haskell, is that S should have the freedom of
changing I and return just I (changed).
Is it any right ??
			grazie Paolino

--