[Haskell-cafe] special term describing f :: (Monad m) => (a -> m b) ?

Ralf Hinze ralf at informatik.uni-bonn.de
Tue Dec 14 09:02:15 EST 2004

> What is a function of the followning type called:
> f :: (Monad m) => (a -> m b) 
> Is there a special term describing such a function (a function into a monad)?

It is often called a procedure or an effectful function (I assume that
`a' and `b' are not meant to be universally quantified). I sometimes
use a special arrow -|> for this type.

Cheers, Ralf

More information about the Haskell-Cafe mailing list