ANNOUNCE: Release of Vital, an interactive visual programming environment for Haskell

Tim Docker timd at macquarie.com.au
Thu Nov 13 21:42:32 EST 2003

As a "serious programmer", I'd be very happy to have a more graphical,
more interactive programming experience as far as _output_ is concern.

I'm happy to input textual expressions and definitions, but I'd
like instant feedback and display of intermediate results as tables,
graphs, trees, charts etc. Vital looks quite promising in the regard
(though I've only browsed the website, and not used it).

Spreadsheets are successful, I believe, because of the instant visual
feedback they provide. An environment that worked in a similar way,
but built upon a rigorous and high level language like haskell could
well be a "killer app".

Tim