Can't compile hmake

Thomas Davie tatd100@student.cs.york.ac.uk
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 21:32:27 +0100

Hi,
   I'm just trying to get started with haskell and have been having some
problems getting hmake to compile.  For some reason it doesn't detect
libreadline.  Lib readline is installed as evidenced by this:

[computer:~/Desktop/hmake-3.08] username% fink list | grep readline
  i      readline        4.3-5   Comfortable terminal input library
  i      readline-shlibs 4.3-5   Comfortable terminal input library

I've been attempting to force it to link against the library by using
./configure --buildopts="-L/sw/lib/ -lreadline -I/sw/include/ -include
readline/readline.h"
but with no success, I'm getting the error "gcc: readline/readline.h:
No such file or directory", despite the file
/sw/includes/readline/readline.h very definitely existing.

Has anyone got any ideas for where I could go from here?

FYI, I'm running Mac OS X.2.6

Thanks

Thomas Davie