compiling concurrent haskell with ghc

Dennis Sidharta daniel_jian@yahoo.com
Sun, 27 Jul 2003 17:35:29 -0700 (PDT)

--0-382811838-1059352529=:20066

Hi all,

I have a question on compiling a concurrent haskell source code using GHC. Today is my first time playing around with concurrency in Haskell, and this afternoon, GHC seemed to be able to compile my code and produced an executable. However, that executable did not seem to run the program correctly. In fact, it just did not do anything. FYI, GHCi interpreted the code succesfully, and the program runs normally under GHCi.

I compiled the code this way:
ghc --make source.hs -o output

Do I need to have a specific flag or something? I tried to look at GHC's documentation, but I just could not find any information on this except adding -syslib concurrent flag, which also did not help.

Thank you very much for the help.

Blessings,

Dennis Sidharta

--0-382811838-1059352529=:20066

<DIV>Hi all,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I have a question on compiling a concurrent haskell source code using GHC. Today is my first time playing around with concurrency in Haskell, and this afternoon, GHC seemed to be able to compile my code and produced an executable. However, that executable did not seem to run the program correctly. In fact, it just&nbsp;did not do anything. FYI, GHCi interpreted the code succesfully, and the program runs normally under GHCi.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I compiled&nbsp;the code&nbsp;this way:</DIV>
<DIV>ghc --make source.hs -o output</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Do I need to have a specific flag or something? I tried to look at&nbsp;GHC's documentation, but I just could not find any information on this&nbsp;except adding -syslib concurrent flag, which also did not help.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thank you very much for the help.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Blessings,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Dennis Sidharta</DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-382811838-1059352529=:20066--