Global variables?

Wed, 5 Feb 2003 08:35:15 -0000

| Haskell 98 has never supported separate compilation.  That's why we
| have hi-boot files (or something similar).
|=20
| So, yes, I'd like to know how the language designers intend to support
| separate compilation in the next version.

H98 has nothing to say about the separate compilation; it's an issue for
the implementation.  GHC does separate compilation for Haskell, and
always has done.  It requires the programmer to supply an auxiliary
hi-boot file for one module in each mutually recursive group (and, of
course, none if there is no recursion between modules).

Simon