Debugging

Bernard James POPE bjpop@cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 03:46:50 +1000 (EST)

> My Haskell experiments have reached a size in which debugging tools would be
> more than welcome, so I looked around, and was very disappointed. I tried
> Hood, which is a pain to use (lots of editing of the code required), I looked
> at Buddha but didn't want to downgrade to GHC 5 for trying it (nor is my code
> Haskell 98, because of multi-parameter classes), and all that seems left to
> try is Hat, whose Web site I can't reach at the moment.

Hi Konrad,

The next release candidate of buddha 1.0 will work with ghc 6. I am in Sweden
at the moment, which is VERY far away from home, so I won't be able to
release it until next week.

As for multi parameter type classes buddha might have enough unofficial
support for them, but not functional dependencies at the moment.

As a designer of debugging tools it is very useful for me to know what kind
of things people want. Your input will help me to prioritise the things that
I implement.

If you have programs with bugs in them then I would love to see them.
Test cases from "the wild world" are very useful to me also.

I'm sorry that you are disappointed, but I hope that with your feedback
the situation can be improved.

Cheers,
Bernie.