Editor in Linux for Hint/Helium

Ketil Z. Malde ketil@ii.uib.no
11 Aug 2003 08:44:03 +0200

Glynn Clements <glynn.clements@virgin.net> writes:

>> Does anyone know of a good editor in Linux to do this or the commands for
>> Emacs etc. that can be used from within Hint to achieve [jumping to
>> lines with errors automatically]?

> Emacs and XEmacs allow you to go to a specified line using +<number>,

If you do M-x compile from within (X)Emacs, you should be able to jump
from errors/messages in the output buffer to the corresponding point
in the source.  It's been a while since I used this, since I prefer to
compile in a terminal, and type M-g <line no> RET to jump to the right
line; and I have no idea how well it integrates with Helium.

-kzm