Persistent storage

Nick Name nick.name@inwind.it
Tue, 5 Aug 2003 01:09:33 +0200

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 14:55:18 -0700
John Meacham <john@repetae.net> wrote:

>  an MVar contains the current puff history, which s dumped to disk
>  periodically if it has changed since the last dump, it relys on using
>  DrIFT to derive a Binary instance for [Puff] and concurrency to spawn
>  off a thread that does nothing but dump it to disk periodically

Ok, don't know when but I'll use it :)

Are you the author of the "Bin" module? I was sure I heard of binary
marshalling for haskell but did not remember where (and also I seem to
remember that Hal Daume III did something similar, did you work
together?) Do you distribute it as a separate library? I find it
necessary or so :)

Thanks

Vincenzo